I always love seeing the kind of products other people are using, and especially the ones they swear by and can't live without. So I thought I would dedicate a post to (part of) my beauty routine and give a quick review of some of my favorite products! Here you go:
1. Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer - It wasn't until recently that I started using a primer before I applied my makeup. Normally I would have considered it a little unnecessary. But honestly I love it and I think it makes a big difference. Both in keeping my makeup on throughout the day, and reducing shininess on my face. I use this after my moisturizer with SPF. It would be ideal if I could find one that combined the two so I could eliminate a step.
2. L'oreal BB Cream (in Light)- I saw a friend recommend this via instagram one day (thanks Tara!) and then was able to sample it from an ad in a magazine not long after that. This stuff is pretty magical. It's super sheer and not really meant for coverage, but it's a great base and perfect for days when you don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup.
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Powder (no. 3) - I've switched my foundation powders around a lot in the past and honestly have usually always ended up going back to MAC Studio Fix. But this works well and as long as I can have some sort of powder to use that's decent quality, then I'm happy with whatever.
4. NYC Bronzer (in All Over Bronze Glow) - I love this stuff. And not only is it a great bronzer, but it was about $4 from the drugstore. Can't beat that! Having a big bronzer brush helps with the application a lot too. (Mine is from Arbonne a long time ago).
5. Laura Mercier Blush (in Sweet Mandarin) - When the lady who was helping me at Nordstrom said I should try this color I thought she was crazy. It looks neon. But it's actually really pretty on.
6. MAC Lid Primer in Painterly - Definitely one of my all-time favorite, most-worn products. I wear this every day on my lids, whether I put eyeshadow over it or not (most days it's not). But it helps my eyeshadow stay put all day when I do wear it and one of these little tubs lasts for so long. It's great.
7. Maybelline Falsies Mascara - I've always been a drugstore mascara girl. Even when my Grammy would offer to buy me any MAC makeup I wanted. For years I used CoverGirl, but for awhile now I've used this mascara by Maybelline. I love it. And you can't beat cheap.
8. Radiant Lipstick in Strawberry Fields - K so maybe I don't wear lipstick all the time, but it's still one of my goals to be able to rock it. And I wanted to include it in my round-up because Radiant is running their "Kiss Slavery Goodbye" campaign as part of Human Trafficking Awareness Month. Their mission is awesome and in January, for every lipstick sold, one will be donated to a victim or survivor of human trafficking. So if you've been wanting to try out some fun new colors lately, consider getting them from Radiant and contributing to their cause in the process!
Writing all the products out like that makes my routine sound incredibly complex and high maintenance I feel like. I didn't even include eyeliner (cuz the one I use is so tragic you would feel sad for me) and eyeshadow which I bust out for fancier occasions. But it honestly doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes I would say, and I truly love all these products! (this isn't a sponsored post at all).
Hope these suggestions helped if you're looking for any new makeup at the moment and feel free to let me know any products you absolutely can't live without!