So if you follow me on Instagram, you saw a couple weeks ago that I started this project that I took straight from pinterest (originally from this post on Mint Love Social Club). I loved the idea and how easy it seemed and am mostly pleased with how it turned out! I think I combined her idea with another piece of art I saw somewhere, and in retrospect, I probably would have done some of my steps a little bit differently. But here are the steps I followed and tips I have to maybe do things better next time!
1. I bought a canvas, 4 different types of gold card stock paper from Michael's (the glitter sheet is the most fun and most important obviously), a circle hole punch (any size will do, and mixed sizes would be fun as well), Mod Podge, glue, and a brush.
2. Punch tons of holes from all the different papers! This was fun.
3. Arrange them on the canvas how you would like them.
4. Glue down the dots. (This part I would have done differently. The blog I got the idea from used spray adhesive and that probably would have been smarter. I just knew I wanted to mod podge over the whole thing and therefore needed them to be glued down before I did that. Unfortunately, the glue made the dots start to curl a little bit instead of laying flat like I wanted).
5. Paint over the canvas with several coats of mod podge to give it a lacquered look.
6. You're done!
Pretty easy and a fun Kate Spade inspired idea to use for your home. Next time I might try and do mini canvases of this and use the spray adhesive to see how that works. At least I'm trying to be craftier, right??
Let me know if you give this a go yourself and hope you have a fantastic day!